- Nov 15, 2021 — Nov 22, 2021 x
- 12:00 am — 6:00 pm
Parry Sound’s Girlfriends’ Week ~ Nov 15-21, 2021
Join us Nov 15-21st, in beautiful downtown Parry Sound, for a week of shopping, dining, workshops, relaxation and best of all: FRIENDS!
Free Registration Here
Free Registration ~ Shopping & Dining Specials ~ Shuttle Bus ~ Hotel Discounts ~ Inspiring Workshops
Prior to registering, please see details and list of workshops below!
Important Event Details:
HOTEL DISCOUNTS The newly remodeled Sunrise Inn Parry Sound is offering a 20% discount for Girlfriends Week participants, Nov 15-21st.
FRIDAY 4-9:30PM SHUTTLE BUS Shops are open until 8pm on Friday, and your downtown chariot awaits! FRIDAY afternoon & evening only. Shuttle info will be in the booklet you’ll receive upon check-in. (Masks are mandatory; Vaccine Cert not required.)
Loop runs approximately every 20 minutes. Click here to view shuttle route map online.
CHECK-IN / GIFT BAGS & EVENT BOOKLET can be picked up starting Nov 15th from 10am – 5pm at these two locations:
Town Trading Post, 59 James Street, OR at Pardon My Garden, 35 Seguin Street.
YOUR EVENT BOOKLET will contain a list of special offers and discounts, and it will serve as proof of registration. You will need to present your booklet to receive multiple specials, and to access the shuttle bus, so hang onto it!
HOW TO REGISTER for WORKSHOPS Please see list below and click on business links, to directly contact the businesses offering them. Some workshops are offered free of charge, some are fee-based. Workshops will take place at the business mentioned, unless otherwise indicated.
List of fabulous workshops:
- 1) Red Room Rendezvous at the SheShed with Jessica Caux. Jess will take groups of up to 8 adults on a private 30-minute tour through the Adult Toys and Lingerie section. This fun and informative workshop will allow women to ask questions, explore their sexual side, in a fun, and safe environment! (Ages 18+)
Nov 15th-21st from 6-8pm; four 30-minute spots per evening. $25.
- 2) Hand Stamped Jewelry and Accessories with Melinda from Stamped Frosting. Learn the basics of hand stamping and create two beautiful items (cuff bracelet, keychain, dog collar tag, or book mark). Great for gifts! Max # participants: 10. Bring: Positive attitude and any special quotes you’d like to use!
SAT Nov 20th, 2-3:30 OR 4-5:30 LOCATION: Mary Street Centre, 24 Marty Street. $60
- 3) Join JF Fitness & Therapy for a A Change in Perspective: COVID, stress and life sometimes gets us down more often than we would like to admit. This workshop is all about learning how to change your perspective. Learning how to see the bright side, the positive as well as being grateful for everything we do have in our life. (Ages 16+) THURS Nov 18th at 5-6:30pm OR SAT Nov 20th at 10:30am-Noon. Max # participants: 8. Bring: Notebook. $45
- 4) JF Fitness & Therapy offers Self Love Bootcamp– a one hour fitness class mixed full of positive affirmations. This class will leave you feeling strong, powerful and confident and you will get your sweat in for the day! (Ages 16+)
SAT Nov 20th, 9 -10am. Max # participants: 8. Bring: Workout gear. $20
- 5) JF Fitness & Therapy also presents Salsa Dancing Class! This class is a great way to try something new while getting a workout ! This class will go over the basics of Cuban and Mambo style Salsa. No partner or experience is needed. A great opportunity to de-stress and have some fun! (Ages 16+)
FRI Nov 19th, 7-8pm. Max # participants: 8. Bring: Dancing shoes. $20
- 6) Holiday Wreath Making with Amy and Tanis from Pardon My Garden. Enhance your front entrance this holiday season! After a demonstration, you will create your very own one-of-a-kind wreath from an eclectic mix of winter greens, and festive holiday ribbon to make your own bow. There will be an abundance of accent pieces such as berries and pine cones that can be purchased during the workshop, for an additional fee (cash or credit only). Limited # of spaces available.
SAT Nov 20th, 11-noon; OR 12:30-1:30. LOCATION: Mary Street Centre, 24 Mary St. $60
- 7) Cross Country Skiing 101 Aleesha, owner of Parry Sound Bikes is an avid skiier, as well as an avid biker, and she can’t wait to tell you all about different techniques, equipment options, ski maintenance, how to dress for cross country skiing and some other great tips to get you started this winter!
THURS Nov18th, 7-8pm OR SAT Nov 20th, 9-10am. Bring: Any ski equipment you have questions about. FREE
- 8) Fashion Show Presented by Samara from Moon River Apothecary and Ciara from Wood & Heart Designs. Enjoy festive fashion in a surprise central downtown location, and get inspired by fresh new looks!
THURS Nov 18th, 7-8pm. DONATIONS welcome to support the Parry Sound Friendship Centre.
- 9) Drumming with Rod Nettagog Learn more about the significance of the drum, and drumming in Indigenous cultures and teachings. Rod Nettagog, longtime musician and Cultural Facilitator at Bluestone Cloud, will demonstrate techniques and facilitate a drumming circle at The Wolf Den where you can put your new found skills into play. Drums provided by The Wolf Den; drums also for sale.
MON Nov 15th, 7-9pm. Age 16+ Max # of drummers: 15 $35.
- 10) Lingerie Fashion Show Above & Beyond is poised to present gorgeous bras, panties, PJs and sexy lingerie! Free gifts and a draw for a bra of your choice awaits ! A $5 donation to Breast Cancer Research would be appreciated. WEDS Nov 17th ,6-7pm. Limited spaces available. Call 705-774-9022 to reserve yours now!
- 11) Make your own Epoxy Charcuterie Board at I Branched Out just in time for holiday deliciousness! Note: This is a two-part workshop. Part One takes place on TUES Nov 16th at either 10am, 2pm, or 6pm. Part Two takes place the following week: Nov 23rd, at either 10am, 2pm, or 6pm. Max 4 participants per time slot. Ages 16+ $200
- 12) Make your own beautiful Solid Wood Custom Coasters at I Branched Out. Your custom slogan or graphic will be laser engraved, and you’ll get to cut, sand and finish these hardwood beauties! WEDS Nov 17th at the following times: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 5pm, 6pm. Max 4 participants per time slot. Ages 16+ $30
- 13) Handmade Wooden Wine Rack at I Branched Out. Now here’s a project where form meets function! Create your own wine rack to take home and hang proudly on your wall — will hold 4 bottles and 4 stemmed glasses. Note: Please wear closed toed shoes and, clothes that you can get dirty in. WEDS Nov 17th, 6pm. Max 4 participants. Ages 16+ $55
- 14) Goddess Doll ~ Dani at the Hippie Pocket welcomes you to create your very own Goddess Doll (approx 4″ tall). All materials including adornments will be provided. Fill yours with lavender and good intentions and love — for yourself or someone dear! Max 3 participants. TUES Nov 16 – SAT Nov 20th, at 1pm or 4pm each day. Contact her at her Facebook page above or call (249) 359-3957. (44 Gibson St.)
- 15) Paint & Sip at the Gibson Gallery with Mel Heidman and Don Corbett. On a 8×10 inch board, you’ll create a Tom Thomson style painting. All supplies are included — and so is a glass of wine! TUES Nov16th or THURS 18th, 7-9ish. Max 6 participants. $25 Contact: 416-587-6569 firstname.lastname@example.org (47 Gibson St.)
Special Promos For YOU from our amazing Businesses:
|Above & Beyond||Buy One Get One 50% off (Buy anything in the store and get next item of equal or lesser value for half price.)|
|Crafts n’ Things||15% off regularly priced items, store-wide.|
|Festival of the Sound||Up to 50% off|
|Georgian Bay Whole Foods||15% off bath & body products|
|High Tide||10% off everything in store|
|Huckleberry’s||Enter draw for a special gift!|
|Jeans Unlimited||20 per cent off all regular priced items|
|Jessica Vergeer Studios /||We pay the tax!|
|Linen Closet||15% off storewide (in store only), excluding paint & items already on sale|
|Mitch’s||10% off everything in store|
|Moon River Apothecary||daily in store specials!|
|Near North Games||10% discount, store wide|
|Northern Swine & Steer||10% off and a free Bubba Shady’s BBQ sauce or hot sauce! (no min purchase)|
|Obdams||No tax Fri & Sat|
|Pardon My Garden||Save the tax|
|Parry Sound Bikes||10% off winter hats, headbands, mitts and gloves (in stock & regular price items)|
|Parry Sound Books||20% discount on calendars and puzzles|
|Perfectly Pampered||10% off all retail products; 25% off all laser treatments.|
|So Sweet Boutiqe||10% off store-wide and selfie PHOTO BOOTHS|
|Somewhere In Time||Tax free, storewide|
|Town Trading Post||Play the “Drop Zone” to win a special discount! Min $10 purchase.|
|Vintage Eco Shop||Buy any Sequoia bath & body product, and get a free bar of Sweetgrass soap!|
|White Squall||No tax Fri & Sat|
|Don Cherry’s Sports Grill||10% off regular menu items|
|Fort Knox Island Grill||Specials Fri & Saturday (Baked Salmon Melody over rice & Stewed Chicken over rice)|
|Seguin Fish N Chips & Curry||10% discount on all orders at Seguin Fish and Chips & Curry (except Halibut fish)|
|Boston Pizza||Special Appetizer Menu for all participants – Cactus Cut Potatoes, Yam Fries, Wings, Bandora Pizza Bread)|
|Brunswick Sports Grill & Bar||10% off entrees|
|Tailwinds Bar & Grill||Special menu, drinks specials and a 2 for 1 drink offer (2 cocktails for $14).|
|DiSalvo’s Bella Cucina||Special menu items|
COVID regulations and restrictions, as presented by the Government of Ontario, will be in effect. Vaccination Certificates & ID will be required for workshops.
Please contact Liz at email@example.com or 705-746-6426 with any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon! Free Registration Here